The holidays are so close - there is no better time of the year than to support independent makers & small businesses - especially showing your support for Black owned businesses (see my selection of small, independent businesses further down for more Black owned businesses) and to show your best beloved that you’ve really put some thought into a gift just for them.
I’ve shared some of my favorite gift idea’s with images below (things I ask for from my husband or kids!) - a mug from my favourite maker, some new pajamas or a robe, a bar of soap or CBD rub for tired muscles, crafting kits to try a new skill out during the winter nights, gift cards to help towards a future purchase….
(psssst….feel free to send this post to your other half if you think they might need some ideas!)
Limited Edition Robe in Cosette Stripe Linen - arrives on November 14th - www.pyneandsmithclothiers.com
Apron in assorted colorful Linens - arrives on November 14th - www.pyneandsmithclothiers.com
The Annie Cardigan, beanie or scarf from Lenvers Fashion - www.lenversfashion.com
Mug by Terre ferme pottery - www.terrefermepottery.com, Seedling Clayworks - www.seedlingclayworks.com or Cornishware - www.cornishware.co.uk
Floral and Foss Embroidery kit - www.etsy.com/shop/floralsandfloss
Dove Grey Handbag or leather making kit - www.shopdovegrey.com
CBD muscle Rub from Moon Mother Hemp Co - www.moonmotherhempco.com
Neighborhood Fiber Co - measuring wrist ruler or beautifully dyed yarns - www.neighborhoodfiberco.com
Gift Cards to your favourite maker or small businesses - more ideas for amazing small businesses listed below.
What are some other options for gift giving? It’s so exciting to receive a small handmade item that isn’t mass produced, even if it’s as small as a handmade soap! Buy less and buy better - it’s a great time to really explore and find small independent businesses and makers. I’m using this a a good opportunity to support Black owned businesses - my list below includes some Black owned small businesses that I’m eager to support. Often small makers need a little extra time to get your orders shipped out in time, so shop early if you plan to support these independent makers.
- Beautiful books! - www.harriettsbookshop.com and for kids www.braveandkindbooks.com
- Candles and bath/body products: www.sonshinebath.com
- Comfy and cute face masks - www.etsy.com/shop/NeovicGoods
- Jewelry and adorable letters - www.genuineplusco.com
- Sleek & Salty Mugs for your BFF - www.etsy.com/shop/cupofseadesigns
- Fancy face masks - www.etsy.com/shop/WOODROSENewYork
- Lovely beauty and body products - www.etsy.com/shop/FreshSeedGlow
- Yellow Papers for advent calendars - www.etsy.com/shop/yellowpapers
- Wool socks and leg warmers in amazing knits - www.etsy.com/shop/WoolSpace
- Candle making kits - www.etsy.com/shop/TheHobbyistBox
- Craft kits for kids (cool kits for boys too which can be so hard to find) www.etsy.com/shop/InkandTrinketKids
- Handmade chocolates - www.etsy.com/shop/trufflesandcreams
Tired of giving physical things? There are so many other alternatives now, from buying tickets for actual experiences such as theatre tickets, movie streaming subscriptions or nature parks, to making your favourite bread or sweet treats, to donations to a local food bank or charity in your family members name, along with a sweet handwritten note to them about why this is important to you.